Welcome!

Hi everyone thought I would start this blog to keep track of the bits & bobs I get up to each day. I am a stay at home mum with 3 children who are in their teens & twenties. I have had Chronic Lyme Disease for at least 14 years if not more. I am constantly trying to improve my condition. I am a great fan of moneysavingexpert.com and have discovered a few ways of upping my income without too much effort

Thursday 18 April 2013

Low Carb Malt Loaf

I've been struggling for the past month or so trying to keep to a low carb diet.   Energy levels have been low and I have no motivation for cooking at all.   After sharing this on the MSE Low Carb Diet thread a friend posted this recipe for Low Carb Malt Loaf.  It is just what I needed, quick and easy to make.  It makes an ideal quick and easy lunch.


Low Carb Malt Loaf

 

3 med eggs
4 tbsp water
4 tbsp double cream
12 tbsps ground flax( or can mix part ground almonds, part flax0
1.5 tsps baking powder
 4 dried figs chopped
6 walnut halves, chopped
pinch salt
mixed spice


Use a microwaveable lunch container - 750 ml type

Lightly beat eggs water & cream.
Separately mix flax, baking powder, salt, & spices
Add flax mix to beaten eggs and mix well.  If necessary add more water to get a good, thick, smooth batter feel.
Add chopped figs and walnuts.

Cook for 5 minutes or so on full power in microwave.  You'll have to check by turning out.  if still wet on the bottom, put back in container upside down for 1 min.  Turn out onto cooling rack and allow to cool. 

Around 30 carb for the lot.

I have 12 slices from mine at an amazing 2.5g carb each.

Lovely toasted with butter

Will keep once cooled in an airtight container for at least 4 days.
 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment