Welcome!

Hi everyone thought I would start this blog to keep track of the bits & bobs I get up to each day. I am a stay at home mum with 3 children who are in their teens & twenties. I have had Chronic Lyme Disease for at least 14 years if not more. I am constantly trying to improve my condition. I am a great fan of moneysavingexpert.com and have discovered a few ways of upping my income without too much effort

Wednesday 27 June 2012

Allotment surprise!

Ended up spending 2 hours at the allotment this afternoon.   Cleared the grass/weeds from around the compost bins, or rather would have cleared it all, had not my weeding come to an abrupt end when out of the corner of my eye I saw something moving!    It turned out to be a largish toad!  I have a frog/toad phobia, I still shudder now when I think of it.   When I heard 'are you all right?' being shouted from another plot holder I realised I must have cried out.   I had thought I had the whole of the allotment to myself so was very embarrassed when I had to explain about my phobia, especially to a man!  I felt so foolish.  The time was not completely wasted,  I quickly moved to weeding the parsnip bed instead and covered them with nets to keep the pigeons off.  I'm dreading going down next time as I know I have to tackle the large weeds left near the bins.

No comments:

Post a Comment