Welcome!

Hi everyone thought I would start this blog to keep track of the bits & bobs I get up to each day. I am a stay at home mum with 3 children who are in their teens & twenties. I have had Chronic Lyme Disease for at least 14 years if not more. I am constantly trying to improve my condition. I am a great fan of moneysavingexpert.com and have discovered a few ways of upping my income without too much effort

Friday 29 June 2012

22nd June 2012 - My Diet by Linda Graham




I am always battling with my weight which as continued to pile on since the birth of my 3rd child 15 years ago.  Having Lyme Disease (LD) makes it difficult to exercise.  I have recently discovered I am lactose intolerant and I am gluten free because it helps with the LD.   Two years ago I went on an elimination diet and totally cut out sugar which was very beneficial for me.  Stupidly last Christmas when I was feeling sorry for myself  I caved in and started eating some of the Christmas chocolate lying around.  Since then it has been a struggle to get back to a sugar free diet.   This time I do not want to do totally sugar free but want to include fruit as I think this will be healthier.   For the last month I have been working towards a low carbohydrate diet.   When first diagnosed with LD I was advised to go on a diet high in protein & vegetables and low in carbohydrate but I have not really adopted that until now.    On this blog I intend to list each day's menu (as far as it is possible).  I know that my menu's are not totally carb free but I hope one day to look back and see how far I've come.  I have a milestone birthday coming up next year and I would love to be slim and healthier in time for that.  So here goes:






Breakfast :  Kallo Rice Puffs & Hazelnut Soya milk 
                   3 Sausages


Lunch     :   6 Nairn Gluten Free (gf) oatcakes, Lactofree (lf) spread, lf cheese
                   ramekin filled with salted peanuts.  1 Apple


Dinner   :     Chicken Breast, Indian fried cabbage, Roasted green beans
                    Low carb microwave sponge.


Drinks  : I only ever drink Rooibos (Redbush) Tea and Water unless otherwise stated.


I hope this will be an encouragement to other LD and ME/CFS suffers, or anyone just starting out on a low carb diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment