Welcome!

Hi everyone thought I would start this blog to keep track of the bits & bobs I get up to each day. I am a stay at home mum with 3 children who are in their teens & twenties. I have had Chronic Lyme Disease for at least 14 years if not more. I am constantly trying to improve my condition. I am a great fan of moneysavingexpert.com and have discovered a few ways of upping my income without too much effort

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Raspberry Mousse - Tuesday 14 August 2012

B: Flax Muesli
L: 2 chicken drumsticks, salad, pork scratchings.
D: Pork chop & green beans.  Blueberries & Greek yoghurt.


Callanetics; 30 mins

Raspberry Mousse

1 tbsp or 1 sachet of geletin                                                2 egg yolks
2 tbs cold water                                                                     2 cups double cream
1/4 cup orange juice                                                             1/4 cup of sugar
1(10oz) bags frozen raspberries, unsweetened. 

Soak the gelatin in cold water in a saucepan for 5 minutes.  Add orange juice and raspberries, and bring just to boiling, stirring constantly.  Cool to room temperature.

Beat egg yolks and sugar until pale yellow.  Put egg yolk mixture into the top pan of a double boiler or into a bowl over a pan of simmering water.   Stir until slightly thickened.  Cool to room temperature.

Add egg yolk mixture to raspberry mixture.  Stir until blended.  Whip double cream into soft peaks, and fold into egg yolk and raspberry misture.  Divide among 10 small ramekins or other serving dishes. and chill.

10g Carbs per serving.  

This can be made with any froxen or fresh berries.

I intend to try this recipe omitting the sugar and so reducing the amount of carbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment