Welcome!

Hi everyone thought I would start this blog to keep track of the bits & bobs I get up to each day. I am a stay at home mum with 3 children who are in their teens & twenties. I have had Chronic Lyme Disease for at least 14 years if not more. I am constantly trying to improve my condition. I am a great fan of moneysavingexpert.com and have discovered a few ways of upping my income without too much effort

Thursday 20 December 2012

Molly Cake - 20 December 2012

Have been caught up with Christmas preparations hence not posting as often.  As promised I've finally got round to posting the Molly Cake recipe.  This is not a low carb recipe but it is 'clean eating' suitable for those with dairy or gluten intolerances.

MOLLY CAKE

Serves 8

250g Stoned Dates, roughly chopped
300ml water
85g plain flour
85g whole wheat flour
3 tsps baking powder
1 tsp ground mixed spice
500g mixed dried fruit
50g ground almonds
80ml Orange Juice

1.  Pre-heat oven to 1700C?Gas Mark 3 and line 2 loaf tins with baking parchment (this will make two flattish cakes, or for a full sized cake just use one loaf tin)
2.  Put the dates and water in a pan and bring to the boil.  Remove from the heat and set aside.
3.  Sieve the plain flour, baking powder and mixed spice into a bowl.  Add the whole meal flour, mixed fruit and ground  almond.  Stir to combine. Stir in the wet date mixture and the orange juice.  Mix well.  Add more water if too dry.     
4.  Spoon into the tin(s).  Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.  Turn out onto a wire rack and cool.

I substituted the flour with gluten free brown rice flour and to make it more festive I replaced the orange juice with brandy        


Wednesday's Menu

B: Bacon and fried egg
L: 2 Lamb chops with roasted green beans
D: Keema & cauliflower & cabbage Bhaji.  2 squares of carob.  1 Mug of cocoa

Thursday's Menu

B: Bacon & egg
L: 2 lamb chops.  Stir fried cabbage.  Cashew nuts
D; Keema with cauliflower & cabbage bhaji.  Mug of Cocoa


Not sure if I will get to post again before Christmas, if not may I wish all my readers Every Blessing over this holiday time.        

No comments:

Post a Comment