Welcome!

Hi everyone thought I would start this blog to keep track of the bits & bobs I get up to each day. I am a stay at home mum with 3 children who are in their teens & twenties. I have had Chronic Lyme Disease for at least 14 years if not more. I am constantly trying to improve my condition. I am a great fan of moneysavingexpert.com and have discovered a few ways of upping my income without too much effort

Friday 7 September 2012

Rich Chocolate Brownies - Friday 7 September 2012

B: 2 Fried eggs and 2 rashers of bacon
L:  Sardine salad.  Peanuts
D: Corned beef casserole with cauliflower.  Blueberries & cream

Callanetics: 30 mins


Rich Chocolate Brownies

12 oz 70% chocolate                                 2/3 cup of ground pecans (other nuts will do)
12 oz milk chocolate                                  3 extra large eggs.
3/4 cup of butter 

Preheat oven to 350F

Line the base and sides of an 8" square cake tin with baking parchment or greaseproof paper.

Break the 70% chocolate and 1/4 of the milk chocolate into pieces, and put into the top of a double boiler.  Add butter.  Melt over simmering water, stirring frequently.  Remove from heat.  Stir ground pecans and eggs into melted chocolate.

Chop remaining milk chocolate into chunky pieces.  Stir half of the remaining chocolate into the warm mixture, and pour into the prepared tin, spreading it into the corners.   The milk chocolate doesn't need to be completely melted.  Sprinkle with the remaining chopped milk chocolate.

Bake brownies for 30-35 mins, until they rise and are just firm to touch.   Let cool in the tin, then cut into squares of 16.

20g carbs per brownie.
Can be served garnished with raspberries or strawberries,  or with a spoonful of cream.

I think I may use all 70% chocolate and thus reduce the carbs even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment