Welcome!

Hi everyone thought I would start this blog to keep track of the bits & bobs I get up to each day. I am a stay at home mum with 3 children who are in their teens & twenties. I have had Chronic Lyme Disease for at least 14 years if not more. I am constantly trying to improve my condition. I am a great fan of moneysavingexpert.com and have discovered a few ways of upping my income without too much effort

Monday 2 July 2012

Flax Pancakes - 2 July 2012 by Linda Graham

Menu

B: Flax pancakes, raspberries & blueberries & lf cream
L: 3 chicken drumsticks & salad.  Peanuts
D:  Sausage, Mashed swede, broccoli, & sprouts.  Low carb raspberry crumble & lf cream

Tried these pancakes ( they look like griddle scones/scotch pancakes) for the first time this morning and they are delicious, needless to say I will be having them again.   I think I will be able to make a largish batch of these and store them in a tin.  This way I can just take a few out at a time and re-heat for a few seconds in the microwave, alternatively I could eat them cold.  Also because they are unsweetened I can use them for sweet or savoury toppings.  I'm thinking of trying them as a substitute for the oatcakes which I know have carbs in them.    I will then have something to make a quick lunch with on busy days.

Flax Pancakes

1/2 cup flax meal (ground flaxseed)
2 eggs
3 tbsp thick cream (lactofree cream)
3 tbsp milk (or watered down lf cream)
dash of cinnamon (optional)
1/4 tsp baking powder
a little butter or oil

Place dry ingredients into a bowl.   Add the eggs & beat.  Add cream & milk.  Beat/whisk again.  If too thick add a little water, if too thin add a little flax.

Heat griddle or heavy frying pan.  Add a little butter.  Place a small ladle of mixture into the pan and let it cook for a few minutes, turn over and cook the other side..

This morning I have had 6 pancakes  and there is still some mixture left so should do two servings.
2 servings of 2-3 pancakes = 4.5g carbs

I am going to experiment by adding different flavours.  ie. coconut for dessert pancakes or oregano for savoury.

No comments:

Post a Comment