Welcome!

Hi everyone thought I would start this blog to keep track of the bits & bobs I get up to each day. I am a stay at home mum with 3 children who are in their teens & twenties. I have had Chronic Lyme Disease for at least 14 years if not more. I am constantly trying to improve my condition. I am a great fan of moneysavingexpert.com and have discovered a few ways of upping my income without too much effort

Wednesday 17 October 2012

Keema - Wednesday 17 October 2012

B: Fried egg & 3 rashers of bacon
D: 3 sausages with salad.  Peanuts & cashews.
T: Keema & Vegetable Bhaji

Callanetics:  35 mins.


Really looking forward to tea tonight.  It is the first time I've made Keema (mince curry) in years.  My daughters don't like it so it never got made but my son loves curry so we can have this again.  Whats more I've made enough for two nights so I don't have to cook tomorrow.

Don't know whats happened but I'm really organised today.  Perhaps its because I had a prayer time yesterday and committed everything to the Lord.   I've already got the tea cooked so now I can spend some time doing surveys,  son will be in late as he is going the gym straight after school so no rush.  Got House Group tonight.


Keema 

(Mince Curry)

1lb Minced Beef                                                                         2 bay leaves
2 medium onions chopped                                                          4 cloves
4 cloves of garlic, pressed.                                                          2 small pieces of cinnamon bark
1 tsp Turmeric                                                                             4 green cardamon seeds
Chilli powder (I used just a pinch but you can add more)              1 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp  ground cummin                                                                  Potatoes (optional)
1 tsp ground coriander
1tsp each of salt and black pepper
1 tsp ground ginger

Brown mince off in a large saucepan.  Add garlic, all the spices and onions.  Stir in the tablespoon of tomatoe puree.   Add potatoes if using them.   When the curry starts sticking to the bottom of the pan gradually add water until you have sufficient sauce for your curry. Simmer all this until potatoes are soft or about 30 minutes.  Serve.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment